Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion usually caused by not enough oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not working correctly or have been installed improperly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with prolonged exposure.