Relying on a carbon monoxide detector in a central area is the smartest way to detect this dangerous gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is deadly in large concentrations.
A carbon monoxide detector is like a smoke alarm. It monitors the air and beeps if carbon monoxide concentration is too high. Preferrably, you should use at least one detector close to all living areas, or on each floor in your house. These detectors are best installed in combination with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your system in the best shape and can help you stop carbon monoxide in Long Island.