Your HVAC equipment is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with urgent repairs, high energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you could maintain a continuous source of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to ask for tune-ups with Matz-Rightway, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early: Issues with your home comfort system usually develop gradually. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to locate and fix smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a sudden breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is running safely.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC contract allows access to the fastest installs available, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, your technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Matz-Rightway offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Matz-Rightway office today.