The Value of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more and more, you should also reach for your phone to set up annual furnace maintenance. Making sure your furnace is at its best this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a closer look at what this crucial yearly task includes and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Done During Routine Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance call is a reliable way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the specific tasks depend on the brand and age of your system, you can typically expect your technician to perform the following:
- Inspect and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can block the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it maintains ideal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Confirming these valves are completely open and working properly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Examine the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s important to make sure no cracks are present.
- Assess and tighten electrical parts: Loose connections can make your furnace unsafe and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and straightforward task.
- Clean the blower: A grungy blower impacts your furnace’s ability to distribute warm air throughout your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan ensures optimal airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters enable appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you choose an effective filtration system.
Why It’s Helpful to Schedule Routine Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still worthwhile to set up a maintenance appointment? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Decrease mid-season breakdowns: Nothing is worse than waking up on a chilly winter morning to discover your furnace has stopped working. Sudden breakdowns are stressful and can leave you scrambling to find someone to fix it. Annual furnace maintenance decreases the chance of unexpected problems because your technician looks over every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you find a problem, the less expensive it is to correct. By investing in budget-friendly, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid expensive, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Increase your furnace’s life span: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will most likely last longer than a neglected heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of premature furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system operates smoothly and efficiently. When all the elements are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home comfortable. This reduces your power bills and lessens your environmental impact.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace collects dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these problems. During a maintenance tune-up, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air moves through your home.
- Promotes safety: A furnace that needs repair is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or broken gas valves can produce harmful carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has has received a thorough examination during routine maintenance should give you a sense of comfort this winter.
When Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To experience the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This gives you time to make sure any issues are resolved before you have to call heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Though professional maintenance is vital, you can perform several tasks yourself to keep your furnace running smoothly between visits:
- Replace the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and free of obstructions for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance visit, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a heating and cooling team you can trust. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your comfort dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and focus on making a big difference in your everyday life and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Pick Out an Effective HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more important than selecting the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
As soon as the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make your system less... Continue reading
Heating and Cooling Trends in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home comfort technologies, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing brand-new technologies and trends... Continue reading