Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Matz-Rightway, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your ongoing utility costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at the same time. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Matz-Rightway. We know the cost of replacing your total system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 631-406-9220 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.