Top 5 Furnace and Heating Problems in Long Island
We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Long Island homeowners often call Matz-Rightway about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Long Island home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat glitches resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters which develops airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Matz-Rightway can quickly detect the problem area and make the required repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age have the potential to pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Matz-Rightway of Long Island at 631-406-9220 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.