How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of fumes that could be within your Long Island residence. Natural gas and fumes that come from home fixtures, carpeting and paints. Not one of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Matz-Rightway at 631-406-9220 right away to start protecting your loved ones against this dangerous gas.


Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a serious issue, so it’s not a matter to joke about.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you can’t observe it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can creep into your residence during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how large the leak is and the airflow in a home, it can become deadly in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your body. You will need another five hours to decrease that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Act Like Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also mirror conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several steps you can do to keep your home safe:

  1. Each residence with at least one natural gas heater, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have an alarm on every level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your house?
    Call Matz-Rightway at 631-406-9220 to purchase one. Ask our techs about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, consistently check or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every season, and get a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor goes off, exit your home right away and phone 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Matz-Rightway

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your house can be protected from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts at 631-406-9220 to learn more.

chat now widget box