No matter what the season outside in Long Island, the temperature within your house determines how comfortable you will seem. Choose the right temp and your space will seem like a comfortable escape from it all. But if your HVAC system isn’t working the right way, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time for an in-depth look at the manner you’re using your heating and cooling equipment. It could be the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Start this brief quiz from Matz-Rightway to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is almost here in Long Island. How do you get your system ready?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Bring in the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your first step?
- Ask my attendees to bring icy beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it working before people show up.
- Turn on my fans and wish for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What will you do when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Have my contractor to make the decision and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the most expensive system available in Long Island.
- When you receive your next monthly power bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will be a little higher. My HVAC bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be similar to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your HVAC system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call an Expert technician to examine it.
- Block it out and hope it ends.
Get ready to check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you prepared a plan for the future. But if you responded to any of these questions with As or Cs, you should make a few changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Keep going to discover how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Annual Maintenance While changing your air filter and dusting your vents are important tasks to help out your machinery for a new season, a professional tune-up is essential to wrap up the process. During a routine visit, your professional technician will perform a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency pro will be on the lookout for more urgent problems for your home. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained HVAC systems can have problems periodically. And it always seems to crop up at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no additional cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system transition. Many home comfort systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to escape last-minute pressure when your machine takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and take note when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can show you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a steady hike in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely happening with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call a professional when you notice a weird noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than aggravating. It is telling you something is amiss with your machinery. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left unchecked it could make for a pricey repair in the future. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t manage it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t doing its job anymore, contemplate selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!