It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.