Booking yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioning system in Long Island working at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also may even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a couple things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Matz-Rightway, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that includes a large dose of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning unit freshened and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be risky. If you have to schedule a fix or a new unit, you may be waiting a long time for a technician. And that might get very unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep could be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Myself?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your AC equipment in the top condition:
- Put in a new air filter suggests each month or two. This is very necessary if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, because this might block airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Matz-Rightway at 631-406-9220, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outside coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is starting, running and turning off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that require further work, we are ready to offer you the most economical solution. Finding likely issues in a timely manner can solve more expensive troubles later on. This also offers you time to plan if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you need a new air conditioner to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 631-406-9220 or schedule an appointment online now.